Why Our Academy
Faced with the great variety of educational institutions and approaches available today, conscientious parents are left asking a simple question: "Which school is best for our children?" In response, we offer our program which is grounded in the pedagogical ideals of the Three Hierarchs and therefore aims at the formation of the whole child: soul, mind, and body.
This holistic approach to education inherited from the Greek philosophers and enriched by the Three Hierarchs helps children find their place in modern society as Orthodox Christians, for "what is done according to one's nature is successful, but what is done against it, fails…” (St. Gregory the Theologian).
- • aims to offer a partial Greek Immersion Program in which students become fluent in Modern Greek while acquiring a reading knowledge of ancient Greek;
- • offers a rigorous program in mathematics (abacus, mental arithmetic, comprehensive algebra, Euclidean geometry, and trigonometry), science, history and renowned literary works, both ancient and modern;
- • focuses on critical thinking skills, such as analysis, clear communication, creativity, flexibility, and problem-solving;
- • offers a unique opportunity for students to learn Byzantine chant and explore their artistic and musical talents;
- • encourages athletic competence and teamwork;
- • cultivates an environment that makes learning enjoyable by challenging young minds and engaging students in the learning process;
- • offers a low student-to-teacher ratio and more personalized attention;
- • and cultivates strong teacher-student and teacher-parent relationships that help support this unique learning environment.
We encourage you to visit the Academy and meet our staff!