Partial Greek Immersion Program
Three Hierarchs Academy will offer a Greek immersion program in which students become fluent in Modern Greek while acquiring a reading knowledge of ancient Greek. This is a living language, the language of the Bible and Patristic tradition. Knowledge of ancient Greek affords a unique opportunity to experience the influential works and teachings of the great Saints of the Christian Orthodox tradition.
Our graduates will be able to:
- • read the works of Homer and our patron saints in the original and recite lines from the Iliad and Odyssey, as did the Three Hierarchs;
- • follow church services in Greek and chant the sacred hymns once chanted in the cathedral of Hagia Sophia, the symbol of the Byzantine Empire;
- • acquire greater proficiency in English language writing skills;
- • enhance their critical thinking skills and communicate their thoughts more clearly and effectively;
- • profit from the cognitive benefits of learning a second language;
Our goal is to implement a partial Greek immersion program in the next few years with English and Modern Greek as the languages of instruction for selected subjects. To reach this goal, we will be implementing this program in incremental steps with a gradual increase of Greek language exposure from year to year.
We are currently seeking professional help with our Greek Immersion Program. If you are interested in joining the Three Hierarchs team and have related experience, skills and qualifications, please contact us at email@example.com.